Posted on: 22 December 2015Share
For many couples getting married, the flowers are a major part of the wedding. If you feel the same way, it is important that you carefully select the flowers for your big day. To help ensure you get the right flowers, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Set a budget. Before you start your search for flowers, you need to set your budget. When you set your budget ahead of time, you avoid overspending and also help the florist to know what direction he or she should go in helping you make selections.
- Know which flowers are in season. Some flowers are available year-round, but the ones you want might not be. When selecting your flowers, ensure they will be available for your wedding season and are able to hold up in the elements.
- Pick flowers that fit your style. Your flowers will play into the theme or style you want for your wedding. For instance, loose and vibrant arrangements are good for a rustic wedding. When selecting your flowers, already have a theme selected so you can narrow your choices to those that fit.
- Choose inspirational pieces. Your florist can help you find the right arrangements easier with the help of inspirational pieces. For instance, you can show him or her the colors of your wedding, the hairstyles for you and your bridesmaids, and even a picture of the venue.
- Remember flowers are more than bouquets. Flowers can serve a bigger part of your wedding than just the bouquet and the centerpiece at the reception. For instance, the flowers can be part of the altar. Look for creative ways to incorporate them.
- Pay attention to the colors. The colors of your flowers should not only match the overall colors used in the wedding, but they should have some meaning. By incorporating the right colors, you can reaffirm the theme of your wedding. For instance, white roses typically symbolize new starts and marriage.
- Select the appropriate size. Although your flowers should stand out, do not let them overshadow the entire wedding. For instance, the bouquet should not be too large or heavy. When it comes to the centerpieces, you want to ensure that it is large enough to make an impression but small enough that guests can converse with each other without having to lean around the flowers.
Choosing the right flowers for the wedding can take time, but it is worth it. Consult with a florist like From The Heart Flower Boutique for help with making selections.